July G.A.L Awards: Erica Thompson
The G.A.L award (or Going Above the Limit) are for women who fits the following criteria:
Actions to be a better person today than she was yesterday
Involves her self with social activism and/or community activities
Uplifts, supports, and empowers other women to be great
A leader to those all around her
Uses her benefits and/or skills to improve the community and her surroundings
In spite of adversity, she has excelled and succeeded in achieving her desired life goals
This Week's Nominee is Erica Thompson!
Name: Erica Thompson
· Age: 33
· Occupation: Journalist
· Tell me about yourself: I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio originally and I love to laugh and dance.
· Relationships Status? Single
· What is something you are proud of? Getting my master's degree
· What moves you? Music
· What is the best piece of advice that you have received? Find your voice and ask yourself if you're being honored in your relationships
· T’Challa, Killmonger, or M’Baku, who is bae? Killmonger
· Name a mistake you made and how you learned from it? Dating similar people who aren't compatible with me is helping me better myself so I don't continue to attract them
· What is a book that you recommend to others: "Song of Solomon" by Toni Morrison
· Name one thing that you do for self care? Light lavender candles
· When was the last time you cried? A few days ago
· Name one of your heroes? Prince
· What do you want other single women to know? Don't settle for less than you deserve
· Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Working as a full-time biographer with a small family
· Name something that scared you and how you over came it: I overcame my fear of talking to people through my career in journalism
· What is one quote/theme/phrase/mantra that you live by "One crisis at a time"
Follow Erica Thompson's journey as she completes her first book at apurpledayindecember.com
If You Hate Being Single or Are Tired Of Being Single, This Course Is For You!