Chicken Teriyaki Sauce
I found this recipe and was impressed at how easy it was to make it! I was able to use my new wok (Yay) and I was finished cooking relatively quickly. The sauce was amazing and almost something you would get from your local restaurant. Check out the recipe and try it! Come back and let me know if I'm crazy or if this is pretty good!
It was a hit with the natives!!!!
Chicken and Teriyaki Sauce
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 TB Sesame Seeds
Marinade (instructions to follow)
3 TB Soy Sauce
1 TB Water
1 TB Sugar
1 TB Mirin Chinese Sweet Wine
½ TSP Ground Ginger
¼ TSP Garlic Powder
4 TSP Cornstarch
2 TB Water
- Mix marinade ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar, and mirin.
- Add chicken and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix 4 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- In small sauce pan mix together Teriyaki Sauce ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar, Mirin, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Brush sauce on chicken and grill or roast (at 350 degrees) until done (basting several times).
- Keep sauce warm while chicken cooks.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Arrange on top of a bowl of rice with additional teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Courtesy of Galley Wench at Food.com