Random Review: Gym Pact
Getting fit is tough! Especially for some of us who do not have the motivation and frankly the lack of accountability. There are all types of apps on our phones that will help with that and what it comes down to is that some of us are not aware of these helpful apps. This week’s review is based on the phone app called ‘Gym Pact’
This app helps with the accountability portion of working out. It tracks the times that you work out based upon your set goal of how many times you want to work out a week. It registers every time you complete physical activities (alone or in a facility) for at least 30 minutes. If you complete your workout week, you will be rewarded with money to your account. If you do not complete your week, you will be charged a 5$ fee for each day you missed. Gym Pact allows you to check in at a gym using your phone’s GPS system or allows a free form type of workout where your phone gauges your physical activity. As a tool for accountability, Gym Pact could be the app for you.
- If you are a frequenter of the gym, you will earn a little change for something that you do anyway.
- It has the ability to import your workout from other apps and sync with your Facebook page to boast to your friends about the workout you have done.
- If you want to take a break, you can set your phone up a week in advance in order to have the week off and not worry about making your gym quota.
- Missing your days at the gym can be costly and I know we would rather spend $5 elsewhere(Beer).
- Sometimes if you phone cuts off in the process of your workout, you have to contact the Gym Pact team to let them know what happened. They are pretty welcoming but it can be a bit of a hassle.
- Sometimes the app can’t find your gym which means that you miss out on an opportunity to track a workout session.
Check it out and let me know what you think about this app!